Turmeric has been used as a beauty product through the centuries. These are some of the properties of turmeric that can be used to cure seven common problems and get a flawless skin.
Signs of Ageing :
Turmeric is an excellent exfoliating agent and can help you defeat the signs of aging. Take Kiss (chickpea flour) and turmeric powder in equal parts and prepare a paste by adding water. Alternatively you can prepare this paste in raw milk or even yogurt. Apply evenly over your body and leave until dry. Wash with warm water and gently rubbing your face in a circular motion.
- Turmeric may be used in combination with other ingredients to handle problems of wrinkles.
- Add raw milk and tomato juice to the rice powder and turmeric powder. Apply the paste and let it stay until dry. Lactic acid present in milk help peel the dead skin cells.
- You can add turmeric powder in buttermilk and the juice of sugar cane. This works best for dark circles and wrinkles.
- Paste of turmeric and honey can be applied on the face and neck to help exfoliate the skin and keep a check on the pores.
- Turmeric not only take care of the scars and inflammation, but also to reduce the secretion of oil by the sebaceous glands.
- To prepare turmeric scrub, add a few drops of water and lemon juice to turmeric powder. Apply the paste on the affected acne and leave for about 15 minutes area. Gently scrub your face with plain water.
- You can also use turmeric and sandalwood mixture as a face pack and wash acne in about 10 minutes
- For acne scars, apply a mixture of turmeric and running water and leave it for 15 minutes marks.
- To control oil secretion, prepare a paste of sandalwood powder and turmeric with orange juice. Leave the paste on your face for 10 minutes and rinse with warm water.
Mixture of besan (gram flour) and turmeric in yoghurt/raw milk/water can help women lighten the stretch marks.
- In case you accidently burn your skin you can turn to turmeric for quick relief owing to its antiseptic properties.
- Prepare a mixture of turmeric and aloe vera gel.
- Apply it on the burn and notice how it heals the wound in no time.
Chickpea flour (sattu) or gram flour added to kasturi turmeric can be used as a facial scrub to inhibit hair growth. Be sure to apply this paste for about a month to notice results. Home remedies usually show results over a period of time upon consistent use.
Apply a mixture of coconut oil/castor oil and turmeric powder on cracked heels preferably 15 minutes before you head to take a bath.